IPIECA (the global oil and gas industry association for environmental and social issues), who supported the development of the IPIECA Global Water Tool for Oil and Gas (a customised version of the WBCSD Global Water Tool) (GWT) and the GEMI® Local Water Tool for Oil and Gas™ (LWT), have developed an online e-learning course for the tool.
The Water risk assessment e-learning training course aims to improve uptake and implementation whilst helping companies effectively, efficiently and easily monitor, assess and manage water risks.
Through various interactive and flexible units, the course provides managers with an overview of water risks in the oil and gas sector. It also provides practitioners with a thorough overview of how to use and interpret outputs from both the GWT and LWT.
IPIECA encourages the oil and gas industry to take advantage of this great resource, to learn how, at your own pace, to use these water risk assessment tools and make a difference to the communities you operate in.
The course includes:
- A completely flexible approach whereby users can work through at any pace and complete the units in any order. It is estimated that completing all the units would take approximately two hours.
- A voiceover accompaniment to complement the text and highlight key messages – this can be switched off using the mute button.
- Quiz questions at the end of each unit ensure your understanding – please be assured answers are not recorded or timed.
- How the tool is deployed within your company is also flexible, for example: You may want to simply include it as part of training plans with selected staff that is undertaken, at the trainees pace;
- Use the training in a facilitated training session;
- Use individual modules to explain different aspects of water risk management; or
- Link to existing, in-house training.